Charismatic leaders are extremely productive, because they measure themselves by their performance. This is one thing that helps them achieve goals that they have set for themselves. Experts say that to be able to succeed and live a comfortable life, everyone needs constant productivity. This is because when people are aim to be productive, they become more assertive in achieving their goals and dreams in life. If you want to get started in increasing your productivity like charismatic leaders, you should:
- Always have a dream and hold on to it. Since productivity is a not an easy task to start with, it would be best if they start now by having a dream that they could hold on to. The scale or the size of that dream doesn’t matter, it can be a big thing or a small thing, what's important is the person is willing to do everything to achieve that dream. For some people, having big dreams work on them because they are looking forward to big rewards in the future that is why they are giving their best this early. Also, don’t rule out layering your dream inside the company you may work for. Companies like 3M and Google allow employees to use a percentage of their time on pet projects. These “Intrapreneurs” are motivated by self-interest which transfers potentially into greater profitability for the company.
- Avoid too much thinking. If possible, stop thinking at all times over something. This is because thinking would only bring in a mix of emotions that could be harder to handle and manage later on. To keep constant productivity, one must try to veer away from negative thoughts and only think of the things where he or she could something good. This may be easily said than done, but “paralysis through analysis” could be the bane of innovation. Spend as much time doing as thinking.
- Let go of the past. Experts say that the first step to being productive is to forget the failures and mistakes that you've had in the past. This is because if you already accepted that there are things that are beyond your control, you will be able to forgive yourself and start anew. If you just keep thinking of the past, this will serve as a reminder of your failure. And if you keep thinking about your defeat, you will undergo a never ending cycle of blaming yourself for the things that you did not really opted to do. Use the past as a benchmark for what not to do as a cautionary note, but never use the past as a conduit for impeding progress.
- Set your own pace. While it is true that being competitive is a key in terms of achieving goals, there would always be times when you will get tired of running after so many things because you don’t want other people to finish before you. To be able to increase productivity, it is best if you run a race at your own pace. This will also be good for you because you can rest whenever you want since nobody is breathing down your neck to finish something. Be the first to market, but consistency of action may be more effective at times than frequency of action.
- Think and take one step ahead. To be able to increase productivity, you need to plan ahead and do things ahead of time so you will be given more opportunity or chance in case the first plan did not work. Taking and thinking one step ahead are the best foundations of being productive because if you were able to develop these, it would be easier for you to take tougher and bigger problems or challenges along the way.
Although charismatic leaders are known for creating great organizations and ideas, you can emulate the habits of these leaders by replicating their productivity habits.